Sunday 17 February 2013

Old Clever Farmer

One day, there is an old farmer planting rice in the paddy field together with his old cow. The old farmer and old cow work very hard. After working for a long time, the old farmer decides to take a break under a big tree, together with the cow.

Suddenly, there is a tiger passing by the tree and sees the old farmer and the old cow. The tiger is hungry and wants to eat something. So the tiger comes to the old farmer and asks the farmer whether he wants to let tiger to eat him or eat the cow.

After thinking for a while, the farmer tells tiger that both him and the cow are old and not so nice to eat. But he has a young goat at home and can give to tiger to eat. But he needs to go home and bring the goat. The tiger agrees to let the farmer to go home and get the goat.

However, farmer says to tiger: "How do I know that you will not eat my cow when I'm away to bring goat? Unless you let me tie you to the tree." Wanting to eat the goat eagerly, the tiger agrees to let the farmer tie it at the tree.

After farmer ties tiger at the tree, he immediately brings cow to go home. Tiger asks: "Where are you going? Aren't you go home to bring the goat for me?"

Farmer says: "I'm going home with my cow, bye bye!" Leaving the tiger starves to death.   

No comments:

Post a Comment