Wednesday 25 December 2013

Porcupine Spikes

Long ago, porcupines did not have spikes on their bodies. They often became the prey of other animals.

A porcupine decided to do something to protect himself. He first went to see turtle. "Can you share your hard shell with me, so that I can hide into it when being attacked?"

"No! I need it myself," said turtle.

The porcupine felt disappointed, he then went to see rabbit. "Can you share your long ears with me, so that I can hear the animals coming?"

"No! I need them myself," said rabbit.

The porcupine felt disappointed, he then went to see monkey. "Can you share your long arms with me, so that I can climb up the tree when being chased by animals?"

"No! I need them myself," said monkey.

The porcupine felt disappointed, he then went to see deer. "Can you share your long legs with me, so that I can run faster when being chased by animals?"

"No! I need them myself," said deer.

The porcupine felt disappointed, he then went to see bird. "Can you share your wings with me, so that I can fly into the sky when being chased by animals?"

"No! I need them myself," said bird.

The porcupine started to cry. He cried and cried for a long time.

An angel passed by and asked him what happended?

"I don't have anything to protect myself. I feel so hopeless."

The angel felt sorry, he then suggested to give porcupine a special clothes.

"This spikey clothes can keep you away from all the animals," said the angel.

The porcupine was so happy, he didn't noticed the angel said "all" the animals.

Indeed, after waering the spikey clothes, no animals dare to come closer to him, including his friends. He couldn't play with them anymore.   

No comments:

Post a Comment