Sunday 12 May 2013

Monkey And Lion

One day, a monkey is playing in a jungle. Suddenly, there is a lion comes out of nowhere and catches the monkey. The lion is hungry and prepares to eat the monkey.

"Please.... Please.... Don't eat me," cries the monkey.

"But I'm really hungry now," says the lion.

"I can be useful to you. I can climb up the fruit trees and pluck some fruits for you whenever you want to eat," proposes the monkey.

"You think I'm stupid! If I let you climb up the tree, then you will just run away," says the lion.

"Well, you can use a rope to tie to my leg. Then I won't run away," suggests the monkey, trying hard to save his life.

After thinking for a while, the lion has agreed. As the monkey is also too thin for him to eat.

So starting from that day, whenever lion wants to eat fruits - apples, pears, grapes, water apples, mangos, papaya, banana, etc; lion will ask monkey climb up the trees and pluck for him. The monkey will then throw the fruits from the trees into lion's mouth.

The monkey has no freedom now, but he is happy that he is still alive. However, he is still thinking to get back his freedom.

One day, he has an idea.

"My King. I heard from my friend that there is a very special and delicious fruit not far from here. The fruit can help you to be stronger and smarter. Let me go to get it," says the monkey.

The lion agrees and followsthe  monkey to the tree.

"My King, you just wait down here and open your mouth. I'll throw the fruit into your mouth."

So monkey climbs up the tree, plucks one fruit and throws into lion's mouth.

The fruit falls on lion's face and then into his mouth. Lion is so painful and faints over. The monkey quickly unties the rope and ruans away.

The fruit is durian!

No comments:

Post a Comment