Wednesday 12 June 2013

Fox And Monkey

One day, a fox is thirsty and goes to a river to drink water. After drinking water, he notices that there is a small island opposite the river. The island has a big apple tree with full of apples, probably because no animals can go to the island to eat the apples.

The fox wants to go over to eat the apple, but he can't swim. Suddenly he sees a monkey drinking water not far away from him.

"Hey monkey, do you want to eat apples?" asks the fox.

"Yes, you want to give apples to me?" answers the monkey.

"Look at that island, the tree is full of apples."

"But we can't go there."

"Yes, we can. Let's build a bridge together," suggests the fox.

So, the fox and the monkey build a bridge together with some woods taken from the jungle. The cunning fox actually has a bad idea. After they finish building the bridge, fox asks monkey to stay back and let him tests the bridge first. When the fox crosses the bridge, he immediately destroys the bridge.

"Hahah... I can have all the apples now," laughs the fox.

The monkey is angry with the fox, he decides to teach the fox a lesson.

"But how do you come back here, Mr. Fox?" asks the monkey.

The fox is shocked with monkey's question. He now realises that he has done something stupid. He can't find enough woods to build a bridge from the island.

"Well...Monkey, I'm so sorry with what I have done. But could you kindly build the bridge again? I promise will let you come to eat some apples," begs the fox.

"Sure, but I'm hungry now. Can you throw over some apples for me to eat?"

So fox has no choice but throw someof  the apples to monkey.

"I need more than that Mr. Fox," says the monkey.

Fox is so angry with the monkey, but he can't do anything now.

"Wait until I cross the river, I'll eat you and the apples," thinks the fox.

So the fox throws almost all the apples to the monkey.

"I have given you all the apples, so can you start to build the bridge now?" asks the fox.

"Do you think I'm so stupid to build a bridge and let you come over to eat me?" The monkey takes all the apples and lets the fox to be alone on the island.  

No comments:

Post a Comment